Who is Miykhâ’Ë´l (Michael) מִיכָאֵל?
(no image by order of Leviticus 26:1)
The main purpose of this website is to enlighten our people to the
acknowledgment of our Sovereign Yâhuwshúa` for their reconciliation to
the Father, to recognize that Yâhuwshúa` is Yâ-hwéh. As a
side-effect of such a proposition, it has been necessary to unseat and
disprove the obstacles which are blocking our people from being full of
His Light. The topic of this webpage is one few understand, and
which can make many stumble, because it raises many questions which
need to be answered FIRST. Many truths surrounding this are
better understood by mainline traditional Christians than many "sacred
name" groups! The reasons for this are, as mentioned in other
pages on this site, that they misinterpret scripture because of
irresponsibly faulty translations, that they have the wrong name of the
Son thus not having the Spirit of Truth, and that they persist in
carrying much of the traditional baggage of false doctrines originating
from the denominations they spun off from, e.g. Seventh-Day Adventists,
and Jehovah's Witnesses.
Therefore, the approach we will take is to give the surrounding scriptural facts first.
Scriptural Facts to avoid confusion
1. Yâ-hwéh is One
Being, separated temporarily in two parts, His Eternal Force (the
Father) and His Mighty Person (the Son). This is demonstrated
throughout scripture but most prominently in Romans 1:20 and in
ZkharYâhu (Zechariah) 6:11-13. The purpose of this separation is
so He may visit His Creation without instantaneously giving eternal
life to everyone who sees Him in His full Power, and so the old heavens
and old earth might not yet run away from His Face and be purified by
His Force (that will happen when He reunites).
2. Yâhuwshúa` is Yâ-hwéh in Person. He was Who created the world, He is the Chief of Creation. He was not created. There is no other ’Elohíym to do such a thing as to create Yâ-hwéh. All scriptures which have been used to challenge this fact are mistranslated (Chief as "Beginning"), and the fact that He became the Firstborn of Creation reflects His replacement of 'Âthâ´m in that position, much like 'Ephráyim replaced that of R'uwvë´n, Ya`aqóv that of `Ësâ´w, etc.
3. One title used for the Son is "the Envoy of Yâ-hwéh" (Mal'akh Yâ-hwéh). In the KJV this appears as "the Angel of the LORD" (Angel is a bad transliteration of the Greek aggelos , with the Bá`al substitute for Yâ-hwéh's name). In the preadvent scriptures ("Old Testament"), this title is used interchangeably with Yâ-hwéh, and refers to His Person, the Son.
4. Although the Son is called the Envoy of Yâ-hwéh, The Letter to the `Ivríym of Páulus ("Hebrews") in its first chapter deals with showing everyone that He is WAY above any of the other envoys. The other envoys are separate beings. Yâ-hwéh's Envoy is Yâ-hwéh's Chosen Who came from within the bosom of the Father. Yâ-hwéh's Son of 'Âthâ´m seen in Dâ´niyyË´’l and in Chanówkh ("Enoch").
5. The term "archangel" is another shoddy Greek transliteration of arXaggelos. It means Chief Envoy. There is only One Chief Envoy. The Chief of the envoys is Yâ-hwéh, as they are the envoys of Yâ-hwéh. Somehow many have lost sight of this. Scripture calls the Chief of the envoys Miykhâ’Ë´l (Michael). None of the others are called this term, Chief Envoy ("archangel"). This name, or title, means Miy (He Who) - kha (is like) - 'Ël (the Mighty One [singular meaning the Father]). Who is the Tmunath Yâ-hwéh (“express Image” of the Father)? Who is like the Mighty One? Who is the only One Who is like Him?
6. For name and spelling sticklers, Michael happens to be spelled the same way in German as in English, but they pronounce it very differently than in English, almost identically to the Hebrew Miykhâ’Ë´l, except that they accent the "kha" syllable, and in Hebrew (`Ivriyth), the "'Ë´l" syllable is accented. The way to pronounce it is "Mee-khah-AIL".
Miykhâ’Ë´l (Michael) is a title for the Son, Yâhuwshúa`
If you jumped down here because you thought the title was more interesting, you should go back up and read, else you will likely justifiably say "I don't believe the Son is a created angel!" and close your mind to what we actually ARE saying. Of course the Son is not a created envoy! For anyone who cares, the Book of Urantia is fiction.
Miykhâ’Ë´l means “He Who is like the Mighty One”. Doing a phrase search in the KJV for “like Me” will show you these references:
Exodus 9:14 For I will at this time send all my plagues upon thine heart, and upon thy servants, and upon thy people; that thou mayest know that there is none like me in all the earth.
Yshá`Yâhuw 44:7 (PSR - the KJV's "Isaiah" really messes up this verse) Yet which one is like Me? Let him [Yisrâ’Ë´l] proclaim and let him announce the other one, and let him compare her to Me from My fashioning of the people of antiquity and the ones to come, and let him declare even of them what they shall come to!
Yshá`Yâhuw 46:9 (PSR - the KJV's "Isaiah" really messes up this verse) Remember the primordial things from eternity, because I am Who is the Power [’Ël (the Mighty One)], and there exist no other mighty ones, and nothing like Me,
Jeremiah (YirmYâ´huw) 49:19 Behold, he shall come up like a lion from the swelling of Jordan against the habitation of the strong: but I will suddenly make him run away from her: and who is a chosen man, that I may appoint over her? for who is like me? and who will appoint me the time? and who is that shepherd that will stand before me?
Jeremiah (YirmYâ´huw) 50:44 Behold, he shall come up like a lion from the swelling of Jordan unto the habitation of the strong: but I will make them suddenly run away from her: and who is a chosen man, that I may appoint over her? for who is like me? and who will appoint me the time? and who is that shepherd that will stand before me?
(Note this is not our translation, though we have taken the liberty to remove pagan idol names; and KJV does not use red font here) All these references clearly express that NO ONE is like Him in all the earth, not even the coming anointed of the Lie (mâshíyach ha-shéqer), according to the last two references! Only He is like Himself. Now examine Who is indeed like Him, His Person:
1. ¶ Yâ-hwéh, having spoken to the fathers of old in many portions and by many methods within the predicators, spoke to us on these latter days within a Son,
2. Whom He appointed Heir of all things, through Whom He also made the ages.
3. Who, being the Irradiator of His Honor and the Likeness of His Essence [Numbers 12:8], both bearing all things for the Word of His Force, and having through Himself accomplished the cleansing of our sins, He did sit down at the right-hand side of the Greatness on high,
[To the `Ivríym (Hebrews) 1:1-3]
I don't know of any Christian denomination which denies that these verses refer to the Anointed One, and it is saying that He is like the Mighty One. So scripturally here we see that the Son is like the Mighty One, because He is Yâ-hwéh's Mighty Person. Only Yâ-hwéh's Person is like Yâ-hwéh's Power. And this entire website is about Yâhuwshúa` being Yâ-hwéh! But the point here is that Miykhâ’Ë´l is a titular name which is EXCLUSIVELY applicable to the Son, the Chief of the envoys, Yâhu Yâ-hwéh, now come in the flesh as Yâhuwshúa`! To apply such a name as Miykhâ’Ë´l (He Who is like the Mighty One) to ANYONE else would be scorn (blasphemy in Greek).
The Book of Chanówkh ("Enoch") speaks about Miykhâ’Ë´l, shows Who He really is:
The Book of Chanówkh recounts about how Miykhâ’Ë´l (Michael) with 3 other envoys pray to Yâ-hwéh for the judgment of the envoys who crossed with women and begat giants, and Yâ-hwéh gave each of them missions to accomplish. See here the mission commanded to Miykhâ’Ë´l (Michael), and see whether it matches with the Son's mission:
15(11) To Miykhá'Ë´l likewise Yâ-hwéh said: “Go and announce to Shemiychâzâ´h and to the others who are with him who have been associated with women and who polluted themselves with them in their impurity, (12)that their sons shall be slain and they shall see the perdition of their beloved. Bind them for seventy generations [1400-7000 (80 years per generation)] underneath the earth, even to the great Day of their [beloved's] Judgment [7th trumpet (89:29-32)],
16(13) Then shall they be taken away into the lowest depths of the fire in torments; and in confinement shall they be shut up for the age. [2 Këph 2:4 the 1,000 year Day of Wrath]
17(14) All who are condemned from then onward shall perish and they shall be bound with them until the destruction of their stock; immediately after this, in the time of the judgment which I shall judge, he [Shemiychâzâ´h] shall, together with them, burn and perish for all the generations [the second death];
18 (15) Destroy all the spirits of the bastards, and the offspring of the Watchers, for they have made mankind work evil.
19(16)Let every oppressor perish from the face of the earth,
20 Let every evil work be destroyed,
21Let the plant of righteousness and of rectitude appear, and its produce become a blessing.
22And the works of the righteous and erect shall be forever planted with delight.
23(17) And during this time shall all the pure ones escape, and live until they have procreated thousands, while the entire period of their youth, and their Shabbâ´th shall be completed in shâlówm (peace, completeness, reconciliation ). (18) In those days all the earth shall be cultivated in righteousness; it shall be entirely planted with trees, and filled with benediction; (19) every tree of the earth that they desire shall be planted in it.
24 And they shall plant vines in it; and the vine that shall be planted in it shall yield fruit to satiety and each one of them shall produce a thousand jars of wine, and every seed, which shall be sown in it, shall produce for one measure a thousand; and one measure of olives shall produce ten presses of oil.
25(20)And You, cleanse the earth from all oppression, from all violence, from all sin, from all irreverence, and from all the evil that is committed upon it, and make them disappear from the earth.
26(21) Then shall all the sons of ’Âthâ´m become righteous, and all nations shall adore Me, shall direct themselves in prayer to Me and praise Me.
27(22) And the earth shall be clean from all corruption, from every sin, from all punishment, and from all suffering, and I will not again send plagues upon the earth, from generation to generation nor for all the ages.
28(11:1) And in those days I will open the treasures of blessing which are in heaven, in order that I may cause them to descend upon earth, and upon all the works and labor of man.
29(11:2) And the shâlówm (peace, completeness, reconciliation) and the Truth shall associate with the sons of ’Âthâ´m all the days of the world, in every age of it.”
Reading this, can anyone suggest that these are not missions which are to be accomplished by the Son? Would a mere created envoy be able to do all this?
Chapter 20 gives the names of the envoys that watch us (the Watchers). It says this about Miykhâ’Ë´l:
5 Miykhâ’Ë´l, Another of the Envoys of the Pure One, Who is entrusted with the better part of humanity and the people.
How will He cleanse the earth from all oppression, from all violence, from all sin, from all irreverence, from all the evil that is committed upon it, and make them disappear from the earth and make 'Âthâ´m's sinful race righteous? [vv.25-26] And Who was made also a Light for the Gowyim (yet to manifest) that He may bring His salvation to the ends of the earth? [Yshá`Yâhuw (Isaiah) 49:6] And Who will beckon to the Gowyim and will lift His banner to the peoples, and they will bring your sons in their arms and carry your daughters on their shoulders? [Yshá`Yâhuw (Isaiah) 49:22]
Chanówkh 24:4 says Miykhâ’Ë´l is a Watcher and the Pure One Who was with Chanówkh, and Who presided over the trees of `Ë´then, including the Tree of Life. He proceeds to describe in verse 8-10 the coming King in 3rd person. But this cannot be construed as proving Miykhâ’Ë´l is not this King, for Yâhuwshúa` does this all the time about Himself in the "New Testament" scriptures about His coming!
Chanówkh 40 describes 4 pure envoys which are at the 4 sides of the Throne of Yâ-hwéh, and this is what they say:
2 And on the four sides of the Sovereign of spirits, I saw four presences different from those who do not sleep and I learned their names, because the envoy, who goes with me, let me know them, and revealed to me every secret thing.
3 Then I heard the voices of those four presences and how they pronounced praises before the Sovereign of Honor.
4The first voice blessed the Sovereign of spirits for the ages of the ages.
5 The second voice I heard blessing the Elect One, and the elect ones who depend on the Sovereign of spirits.
6 The third voice I heard praying and interceding for those who dwell upon earth that supplicate by the name of Yâ-hwéh, the Sovereign of spirits.
7 The fourth voice I heard expelling the adversaries, and preventing them from entering into the presence of the Sovereign of spirits, to accuse the inhabitants of the earth of His.
8 After this I asked the envoy of peace who went with me and explained all that was concealed to me, saying to him: “Who are those four presences which I have seen, and whose words I have heard and written down?” (9) He replied: “The First/Foremost, the merciful and very patient, is Miykhâ’Ë´l.
9 The second is he who is assigned over the sicknesses and all of the wounds of the sons of ’Âthâ´m, is Rphâ'Ë´l. The third, who is assigned over all the powers, is Gavriy'Ë´l. And the fourth, who is assigned over the hope of those who will inherit eternal life, is called Tsuwriy'Ë´l [Pniy’Ë´l source English translation].” (10) These are the four envoys of the Sovereign of spirits, and their four voices that I heard in those days.
Since MattithYâ´huw 28:18, we know that all authority within the heavens and on the earth has been given to Yâhuwshúa`. These include the ones mentioned above. Yet we should also recognize that the first/foremost side of the Throne is the right-hand side. Who is seen at the right-hand side of the Father in the above verses? Miykhâ’Ë´l!
Chapter 68 of Chanówkh says that Miykhâ’Ë´l (Michael) is Who is encharged with revealing the powerful oath of the ibexes (an animal used metaphorically in the Scroll of Chanówkh to represent believers on His name), which is the name of the Chosen Son of ’Âthâ´m, which is a mission of Yâhuwshúa`, the Son. Read here about the POWER of His name!
19 (13) This is the task of the Lamb of the Mighty One (כֲּשְׁבִיאֵל Kasviy’Ë´l, from Strong's #3775 and #410) [The Glad Tidings of Yâhuwchânâ´n 1 :29]: He revealed to the pure ones the Chief of the oath [Yâhuwshúa` = Yâ-hwéh is deliverance/wealth], Who dwells in the Honor of the Most High,
20 His name is among the ibexes* [Chanówkh 89:15]. (14) This One [the Most High] asked Miykhâ’Ë´l to reveal to them the secret name (Yâhuwshúa`), in order that they might understand that pure name [meaning of Yâhuwshúa`: "Yâ-hwéh is deliverance/wealth"], and thus make mention of the oath, because those who have revealed every secret thing to the sons of ’Âthâ´m tremble before this name and oath.
(*) Source text: “Its name is Beka”. A reference to verse 22, “Aka'e”, with the `Ivríyth article “B” still attached, meaning “among”. The ibexes (`Ivríyth אַקּו ’Aqqów in the singular) are referred to as being those sheep whose eyes are opened to see the Truth, also seen as the seeing believers in Chanówkh 89:15.
21 (15) Here is the power of that oath; for strong it is, and powerful.
22 And He arranged this oath of the ibexes** by the instrumentality of Miykhâ’Ë´l.
(**) Source text: “this oath of Aka”. “Ibexes” in `Ivríyth was transliterated here, as explained in above note (*)
23 (16) These are the secrets of this oath, and they are strong: By means of His oath,
24 even the heavens were suspended before the world was made.
25 (17) By means of it, has the land been founded above the water, while from the most concealed parts of the mountains proceed forth beautiful waters, from the creation of the world until eternity.
26 (18) By this oath the sea has been formed, and for its foundation,
27 during the period of the fury He established the sand against it, and she does not dare to invade further since the creation of the world until the age, (19) and by this oath the depths are firm and stable and do not move from their station from age to age.
28 (20) By this oath the luminary orb and moon complete their route without disobeying the command given to them forever and ever.
29 (21) By this oath the stars follow their course;
30 He calls them by their names, and they return an answer, from age to age.
31 (22) likewise, the spirits of the waters of the winds and of all the breezes from all the regions of the earth.
32 (23) There are kept the voice of thunder, and the splendor of the lightning.
33 And there are kept the stores of pelting icerocks, frost, snow, rain and dew.
34 (24) All these profess and laud it before the Sovereign of spirits.
35 And they praise Him with all their enegry so He sustains them in all that act of thanksgiving, while they laud, praise, and exalt the name of Yâ-hwéh, the Sovereign of spirits forever and ever.
36 (25) This oath is powerful and through it, their paths are preserved and their course shall not be destroyed.
37 (26) And there was great joy among them.
38 They blessed, honored, and exalted Yâ-hwéh because the name of the Son of ’Âthâ´m has been revealed to them. [Yâhuwshúa`]
39 (27) He sat upon the throne of His Honor; and the sum of the judgment has been given to Him, the Son of ’Âthâ´m: and He shall make sinners be expelled and destroyed from the face of the earth, (28) while those who deviated them shall be bound with chains
40 And in the place where they had been gathered for the destruction, they shall be imprisoned and all their works will disappear from the face of the earth. (29) And thenceforward nothing will corrupt itself, for this Son of ’Âthâ´m has appeared and has seated Himself upon the throne of His Honor.
41 Everything wicked shall depart from before His face; and the Word of the Son of ’Âthâ´m shall go forth and shall be strengthened by the presence of the Sovereign of spirits.
42 This is the third parable of Chanówkh.
Scriptures in the establishment canon also show Miykhâ’Ë´l is the Son
MattithYâ´huw Chapter 24 (along with Luwqá' 21 and Márquwç 13) describe this, that the coming of the Son of ’Âthâ´m (Yâhuwshúa`) immediately follows the end of the genocidal persecution which culminates the deeds of the anointed of the Lie (mâshíyach ha-shéqer), the fourth seal Great Tribulation (see The Great Tribulation):
The 4th seal Great Tribulation (Oppression)
15. ¶ Therefore, whenever ye shall see the Abomination (detestable worshipped image) of the desolation, which was spoken of through Dâ´niyyË´’l the predicator, who said that it would be standing where it should not, [Márquwç 13: 14] within the Separate Place - he who reads, let him understand -
16. Then those within Yâhuwthâ´h, let them flee among the mountains;
17. And he who is at the building, let him not come back unto his house, nor to take anything out of his house;
18. And he who is in the field, let him not return back to take his garments!
19. And hówy to them that are pregnant and that are near to giving birth, and to them that breastfeed in those days!
20. And pray that your flight may not be in winter, nor on Shabbâ´th,
21. For there shall then be a great oppression of such a sort as hasn't existed from the beginning of the world's creation, which ’Elohíym (the Mighty Ones) created, [Márquwç 13: 19] until now, no, nor ever shall be;
22. And unless those days had been shortened by Yâ-hwéh, there would not have any flesh been saved, but due to the selected, which He chose [Márquwç 13: 20], those days be shortened.
23. And then if anyone might say to you:
‘Look! Here is the Anointed One!’
Do not believe it!
24. For there will arise false anointed ones and predicators of the Lie, and these will give great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the selected.
25. But ye, beware: Look! I have foretold all things [Márquwç 13: 23] to you.
26. Therefore, if they say to you:
‘Look! He is in the uninhabited land!’
Do not go out there;
‘Look! In the dispensary!’
Do not believe it.
When He does near them - 7th Trumpet Resurrection
27. For as the lightning comes forth from the dawn and lightens as far as the setting of the luminary orb, in this way shall also be the nearing of the of the Son of ’Âthâ´m.
28. For wherever the carcass may be, from there shall the eagles be gathered.
6th Seal Day of Yâ-hwéh, then the Sign of His presence
¶ And there shall be signs in the luminary orb and moon and stars, and the restraint of communities on the earth in a state of confusion (“the raging sea and tumult…”) [Yshá`Yâhuw 17: 12-13)]
Men exhausted from trembling fear and apprehension of what is coming onto the habitable earth (Roman Empire), for the forces of the heavens shall be agitated [Luwqá' 21: 25-26]
29. Instead, immediately after the oppression of those days, the luminary orb shall be turned to darkness, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall out from the heavens, with the forces of the heavens, they shall be toppled. [Chanówkh 89: 32-33]
30. And then shall the Sign of the Son of ’Âthâ´m appear in the skies, and then shall all the races of the earth beat their breasts in grief, and then they shall see the Son of ’Âthâ´m coming over the clouds of the sky with great Force and Honor [Márquwç 13:26] and great radiance.
31. And He shall send forth His envoys with the sound of a great trumpet, and a great voice, that they shall assemble upon Tsiyyówn His selected ones from the four winds, from one extreme of the skies as far as their other extreme.
This is exactly described in Dâ´niyyË´’l 11:31-12:1, and in more detail. The anointed of the Lie (mâshíyach ha-shéqer) stops the daily offering, and then the abomination which is causing desolation is given. The king will do as he pleases, magnifying himself and sitting in the Pure Set-apart place saying he is Who he is not. He will mount a final world-conquest (Dâ´niyyË´’l 11:40) and set up his royal tents at Mount Tsiyyown (Zion) and this is where he will have his moment of a world-government which was shown by Satan to Yâhuwshúa` when he tested Him in the wilderness. This is the moment when MattithYâ´huw 24 says Yâhuwshúa` comes! But what does Dâ´niyyË´’l say then?
Dâ´niyyË´’l 12:1 “And at that time, Miykhâ’Ë´l (Who is like the mighty One (Yâhuwshúa`)) the great Prince will stand, the One standing for the sons of your people shall stand, and it shall be a time of distress, which hasn't happened from when it began to be a heathen mass until that time, but during that time period your people shall be delivered, all of the ones being found written in the scroll.”
The judgment Day of Yâ-hwéh (6th seal), the judgment of His people, and its continuation, the judgment of the heathen masses are indeed worse than the human-inflicted 4th seal great persecution. But the main point of this study is this:
Miykhâ’Ë´l (“Michael”) is a title for the Son, Who definitely comes at that very time, and Who definitely stands for our people.
Considering all the evidence from scripture that Miykhâ’Ë´l means "He Who is like the Mighty One", the Son, we should reformulate our viewpoints whenever we see His title or "archangel"(Chief of the envoys). If you have understood what is written here and understand this, it is one less stumblingblock to trip over for you, but be careful about our brothers who do not yet understand these things. There are some who say "the Son is Michael" who think He was created and a mere "angel", as there also are those who know the Son is not created and that He is THE Envoy of Yâ-hwéh who can't believe Miykhâ’Ë´l is a title for Him. There are people who believe any combination of these truths mixed with many lies. Watch out for these to join up to you and preach at whoever you are talking to and throw their monkey-wrenches in. Satan works that way.Link to top